Image Map

Thanksgiving FREEBIES from Teacher Bits and Bobs

Hello there, Blog Hoppers! Kerri B from Teacher Bits and Bobs here...

Is anyone else totally excited that it is ALMOST Thanksgiving?? I mean, in just 21 days (3 short weeks!), we will be eating turkey tofurkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie and NOT teaching school. Can I get a Whoot whoot??

I am here to share with you some Thanksgiving ideas that I do in my class every year. I am a big fan of circle maps and tree maps, and I use them for pretty much everything! 
Here is our circle map from last year on the First Thanksgiving that we made...

And, here is an example of a Pilgrim tree map that we also completed last year...

These thinking maps are an AWESOME way to help your kids organize their ideas, and they are the best thing EVER to help them with their writing.  And sometimes they even add things that aren't on their circle maps. This was one of my favorites from last year because it's just too funny. Check it out...

We also make some pretty cute art in the month of November. I love our turkeys and our "Save a Turkey" signs, especially since I'm a vegetarian...

Eat more coconuts??? HOLLA!!!
And, my favorite of all are our Step-draw Pilgrim and Wampanoag portraits. Isn't first grade drawing the best??

If you are looking to incorporate some Thanksgiving themed centers or writing activities onto your daily routine this month, you might want to check out these 2 Thanksgivingy packs of mine (click on each picture for a closer look)...



Finally, you can click HERE to get a whole bunch of Thanksgiving FREEBIES from yours truly...including a circle map, 2 tree maps, and the Save a Turkey sign. :)

Happy Happy Turkey (or Tofurkey, if you're a veggie like me!) Day everyone!!
Kerri B

1 comment: